Are you an ‘early morning workout’ kind of person? Or maybe your morning is hectic because you are trying to get everyone up and out of the house on time. Whatever your morning routine, breakfast is a MUST and overnight oats might be that convenient yet delicious grab-and-go solution you need.
If you’ve never had overnight oats, you’re in for a treat! They’re basically a mount-watering way to make a creamy no-cook oatmeal. What makes this recipe special is the heaping spoonful of Maple Cinnamon NuttyHero butter because it provides those vibrant yet comforting Canadian fall flavours.
On top of the flavour, this morning powerhouse provides healthy slow-burning carbs and fats to fuel your day. Let’s take a moment to look at some of the key benefits of this recipe:
- Low glycemic carbohydrates for lasting energy.
- High in fibre for a healthy gut.
- High in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to keep to keep you at your best!
Recipe by Stephanie MacNeill, MHSc, RD, LDN
Prep Time: 5 minutes Makes: 1 serving
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or additional milk of choice
- ½ cup apple sauce or diced apples
- 2 tbsp Maple Cinnamon NuttyHero butter
How to Make:
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid.
- Shake well and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir and enjoy!