Job Title: Food Production and Sales Associate
We are looking for a detail-oriented part-time Food Production and Sales Associate to support our Food Production and Packaging team. This role will ensure that our Nut & Seed Butter products are produced, packaged and stored accurately, efficiently, and safely in a commercial kitchen environment. Additionally, this position supports sales at in-person events, pop-up markets and farmer’s markets across the GTA. Our ideal candidate is excited to work for a startup, eager to learn and looks forward to progressively advancing into new roles and responsibilities as our company grows.
NuttyHero Inc. is a small-batch nut & seed butter company based in Burlington, Ontario. We produce 100% natural nut & seed butters - made from a unique blend of 12 different nuts and seeds. We started NuttyHero to share our passion for health & wellness, have a positive impact on our community and make people smile. Be Your Best, Be Kind & Laugh Lots is how we like to do things at NuttyHero 😊
Type of Position: Part-time, hourly
Hours: 16-24+ hours / week including ability to work on evenings and weekends. We will have opportunities to transition to full-time work as our company grows.
Location: 18-1158 King Road, Burlington Ontario L7T 0C5
Training & Probation period: All training required for the job will be provided. Training and probation period will be 3 months with a minimum of 4 kitchen production days and 4 event days.
Benefits: Free NuttyHero product, family discount, mileage pay, sales bonus
Roles and Responsibilities:
Production Support (Commercial Kitchen):
- Work closely with the food production team on production days to ensure volume goals and quality standards are met for nut butter production and packaging.
- Assist in all aspects of the production process including: sanitizing, measuring and baking ingredients, grinding, filling and lidding jars, labeling, dishwashing and cleaning.
- Learn to assemble/disassemble and operate commercial kitchen machinery.
- Coordinating supplies and maintaining inventory and production records.
- Maintain production efficiency, quality standards, documentation and adherence to health and safety protocols while working in the kitchen.
- Packaging and shipping orders including palletizing large orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist at weekend/weekday in-person events such as farmers markets, pop-up shops and retailer in-store promotions.
- Activities include: Set-up and tear-down of tent/event equipment, in-person sales, interacting with customers.
Creating simple social media content for @nuttyherofuel channels on Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Prospecting new in-person event opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Valid Food Handler Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Punctual and can reliably report to work on time.
- Cheerful and positive attitude with strong communication skills.
- Flexible availability on weekdays/weekends including evenings.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced commercial kitchen environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work in an environment containing peanuts, tree nuts and other allergens.
- Adaptable and willing to take on new roles.
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets and/or MS Word/Excel.
Own transportation with a valid ‘G’ drivers license is an asset.
Previous experience in a commercial kitchen or culinary training is an asset.
Previous experience in marketing and/or sales is an asset.
Training or knowledge of HACCP principles is an asset.
Experience with social media such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok etc is an asset.
- Continuously required to work on your feet for up to 8 hours with a mix of standing and walking throughout the shift (excluding designated breaks).
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive food production tasks with high accuracy and attention to detail.
In support of a safe workplace, NuttyHero Inc. requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination.
Fill out our Online Intake Form linked here: Food Production and Sales Associate Intake Form
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: Food Production and Sales Associate
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At NuttyHero Inc., we maintain an open hiring policy and aim to create and cultivate a community that is inclusive of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, identity, experience, and perspective — where every employee feels supported to learn, grow, thrive and apply their whole self to our collective mission.